Rewriting Bob Marley's Is This Love


Life is simple, but love is true
Woman, you see
That’s all I have
A fancy castle, I can’t build you
But a shelter full of love
```
I want to treat you well
And I will
Day and night,
I want to love you
That’s how I feel
```
Is it love?
Could you tell
Is it love?
That I feel?
Woman, tell me
You will
```
I’m willing to show you
Actions can tell
My purist love
You could tell
```
Share the single bed
We will
With the roof over our heads
We shall
```
Woman, you see
Life is humble, but love is true
Live together with love
We shall
Provide us bread
Jah will
I give ya the love 
that I feel

It is love
I know you can tell.



I'm taking an English class, studying Bob Marley this semester. There's a group presentation. We chose to do Kaya, one of my favorite album by Marley. I did the song Is This Love?  

I always think that I'm a romanticist. Bob Marley has often been viewed as Rasta warrior. But, studying his life and music allows me to know the romantic poet that living in his deepest heart. People might say Marley went soft on his album, but that is who he really was. He was the great man, teaching people to fight for themselves but also teaching them how to love. He was tough like a warrior but also bright and soft like the sunshine. 

Love is the common language of human beings, and love brings people together.    

Comments

Popular Posts